2015 print shop donations
We’re happy to report that for another year, our curiosity and love of print have enabled us to give back to our local community and beyond. Our latest printed project—The Preservation of Favoured Traces
—continues the tradition
. Proceeds from all our books
, offset posters and on demand posters are donated to organizations that support areas we are interested in. From supporting female entrepreneurs to encouraging more active and sustainable transportation, the diverse interests of folks in the office are reflected by our areas of donation.
- The Somerville Homeless Coalition has been working to put themselves out of business since 1985. We wanted to help them do that by funding a one bedroom apartment to help get someone off the street.
- Cooper Hewitt's: Designers of Tomorrow program offers students creative problem-solving tools.
- Resilient Coders creates programming for kids from typically underserved communities to learn how to code.
- Boston Cyclists Union is an organization that advocates for better infrastructure for cyclists and pedestrians in the Greater Boston Area.
- Bunker Hill Community College has a fund that supports students in emergency situations, when they may otherwise need to drop out.
- Bikes Not Bombs uses bicycles as a vehicle for change by teaching underserved youth how to build their own bikes. They ship bicycles to third world countries for use for transportation. Terrence rode in the Bike-A-Thon so the poster fund matched his fundraising efforts.
- Heifer International has a fund that trains women that are starting their own businesses in Haiti. #girlboss
- Last year a devastating earthquake rattled Nepal, so we updated our Quakes project that showed the aftershock tremors that further damaged to the region. It is tough to find organizations that ensure finances get to the people in need. With this in mind, our research led us to Save the Children and Mercy Corps.
Check out our books,
offset posters and on demand posters today*, and stay tuned (@fathominfo) to learn where we donate in 2016!
*As of 2022, we no longer sell our posters online, but office visitors may get a special goodie bag...
We’d love to hear what you’re working on, what you’re intrigued by, and what messy data problems we can help you solve. Find us on the web, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, or subscribe to our newsletter.